We can generally deliver anywhere in the UK, including most islands and islolated boggy bits.
We use a collection of vehicles, ranging from large artics, to smaller 'curtain side' rigid pallet lorries, and small 4WD vehicles with trailer. Some require the customer to offload, whereas others have cranes or forklifts attached.
It depends on which delivery system you chose. Generally it's cheaper to have a delivery which you are able to offload. Which vehicles need offloading?
YES ! The Pallett Network
This is the most efficient popular means of delivery that generally covers 100% of the UK, and is great if you can get someone to help you offload.
* You can CHOSE any delivery day you want in advance within 2- 3 working days, Mon - Fri, between 9am & 5pm.
* Next day deliveries, Timed deliveries & Saturday deliveries CAN be arranged, with a surcharge.
* YOU are responsible for offloading the materials from the vehicle. The vehicle does NOT have a crane offload.
* You MUST have at least 2 or more strong'ish people to manally offload. These timbers are too heavy for one person.
* The driver is unfortunately not able to help you offload or carry materials into your house or garden.
One exception! If the railway sleepers or poles are 1.2m or less in length, the lorry driver CAN place the sleepers onto the pavement or road using the lorry tail lift and hand palletruck.
YES! Artic or flat back lorry
This is normally the most economic way of delivering large loads of railway sleepers, e.g. 200 - 500, from our Nottingham yard. You can can normally chose the delivery day that you want. You are responsible for offloading the lorry with a forklift that can lift at least 2 tons.
Your order is either delivered on a non-artic rigid lorry (carrying approx 10 - 15 tons depending on vehicle) or an artic lorry (carrying approx 26 - 28 tons).
NO! Lorry with crane, or forklift
These vehicles can offload themselves with hiab crane, grab, or moffett forklift.
The delivery charge is usually more expensive than the Pallet system, but is essential if you order some heavy sleepers, without anyone to help you offload. Your order can be crane-offloaded so long as there is space for the crane to operate without lifting over vehicles etc..You must ensure in advance that there is access space for the lorry to operate.
NO! 4 Wheel Drive vehicle and trailer
This is only for local loads in the East Midlands of up to 2.5 tonnes (about 32 pine sleepers or 20 hardwood sleepers). We use a 4 wheel drive vehicle & trailer which which should be able to access most roads & backed onto most drives. If no help is available, the driver will hand offload the sleepers onto a space directly next to the trailer (within 6 ft). We cannot carry things further than that (i.e. into the back garden). Help will be required with large, heavier numbers. Occasionally at drivers discretion, if we're not in a hurry, and offered a strong pair of hands, we may agree to carry the sleepers a very short distance.
You must ensure in advance that a lorry has clear access to your property. It is crucial to tell us, when you order, whether there are any delivery problems - e.g. a narrow road, cul de sac, cars parked in front of the property etc.. An unsuccesful delivery will incur a further charge.
No. It makes no difference. The cost to you is the same whether we deliver 1 of something or 10 of something... e.g. if the delivery cost to somewhere for 20 railway sleepers was £99 + Vat, then the delivery for 1 sleeper would cost the same. That's because our hauliers charge us according to how many pallets the order takes up, so whether there is 1 sleeper on a pallet, or 20 sleepers on it, it makes no difference!
The delivery charge depends on what type of railway sleeper you chose and where you live. If you go online and place the number of railway sleepers you are interested in into the shopping basket, and imput your postcode, the website will calculate the delivery cost according to the number and length of the railway sleepers. If you play around with different lengths of railway sleepers, you will discover that 1.2m ones are the cheapest to have delivered, followed then by any sleeper up to 2.4m in length, and then finally the longer 2.6m, 3m and 3.6m ones. It's all about what space the railway sleepers take up on a lorry, and what the haulage companies then charge us. Lots of different variables ! If you order online, the delivery cost will be worked out automatically by a computer brain. If you order by telephone, the delivery cost will be calculated by a mere human being, who will chat with you whilst working it all out!
YES! Please ring us first to confirm an time to visit us or collect something. 0115 9890445. Several people have made the journey to us, out of opening hours, & have been disappointed to find nobody here to help them. Please contact us first, to confirm a visiting time. We're flexible,
MON - FRI (9.00 - 4.00) & SAT AM (9.00 - 12.00)
Of course, it helps to be REALISTIC about the size of your car or vehicle.
Some have chosen their faithful two wheeled bike to collect their railway sleepers
whilst others have put their faith in more substantial and familiar four wheeled vehicles!!
CLICK for further graphic details! OVERLOAD!!
* We can deliver to Europe and beyond if the delivery cost isn't too prohibitive for you.
* All responsibilty for arranging international haulage, shipping, ordering & filling containers, customs & paperwork etc.. lies with the customer.
* Deliveries to the European mainland are often arranged with Artic lorry.
* Deliveries to the rest of the world will normally be shipped by container. We do not load / stuff containers
* We can arrange delivery of sleepers to any UK destination or port. Alternatively customers can arrange collection from the central yard in Nottingham. Your order will be loaded by forklift.
DELIVERIES TO OUTER SPACE
* All responsibilty for arranging intergalactic haulage, ordering & filling cargo spacecraft, and international space federation permits etc.. lies with the customer. Destination site to offload.
* Deliveries to our own solar system can often be arranged with the European Space Agency
* Deliveries to the rest of the universe will normally be shipped with the International Space Federation.
* We can arrange delivery of sleepers to most launch pad sites. Alternatively customers can arrange collection from our headquarters in the UK. Your order will be loaded by forklift.
* We do not load / stuff cargo spacecraft (with the exception of our Houston branch).
DELIVERY EXAMPLES TO OUTER SPACE
Expected delivery within 7 days - 300 light years
|Prices can be effected by changes in costs of bipropellant, solid fuel or space piracy|
|Moon (approx 238,857 miles)||2 days||
|Mars (approx 35 million miles) (averaging 25,000 miles per hour)||260 days||
|Venus (approx 44 million miles away) Mercury (77 million miles away)||1 - 2 years||
|Saturn (approx 746 million miles away)||20 years||
|Uranus (1.6 billion miles away) Neptune (approx 2.68 billion miles away)||40-70 years||
VOTE OF CONFIDENCE!